To everybody who has a mortage
To The Editor
I believe we should vote "no" on the override.
My reasons will resonate with almost everybody who has a mortgage. We maintain our house beautifully. A professional appraisal for refinancing just came in at exactly half of our 2005 purchase price. We cannot refinance it. However the tax assessment is at 80 percent of the purchase price. This assessment is not 30 percent too high as one might think, but is 60 percent too high. Check my math. Do the numbers. It looks and feels like theft! Despite the plummeting real value our total tax bill has increased. This is because of the increased rate and the unfair assessment.
Our property tax is nearly as much as our interest payment. Think about that. As much as we pay to live in a house that we do not own outright, we pay nearly that much again for the right to have that house located in Lunenburg. This is just plain wrong. And now Lunenburg is asking us to pay even more! The town should live within its means just like ordinary people must do.
Vote “no” on the override!
- The Great Pumpkin Carver Photo Contest 2012! - Last Week!
- The Great Pumpkin Carver Photo Contest 2012! - WEEK 3
- The Great Pumpkin Carver Photo Contest 2012! - WEEK 2
- The Great Pumpkin Carver Photo Contest 2012! - WEEK 1
- Vote NO to article 2 & 3 at Special Town Meeting September 25
- Room for improvement and professionalism
- Tax exemptions for low income and seniors
- From former Library Trustees
- What if your income doesn’t increase?
- Why couldn’t you sign it?