Thank you Girl Scouts and Community Service Club
- Categorized in: Opinion
To The Editor
There is much to be thankful for and much to feel a sense of pride about in watching the truest form of democracy in action, our Town Meeting. It takes the goodwill, cooperation, and support of many. I want to take this opportunity to thank, on behalf of the countless families who were able to participate, those who helped make that participation possible. The Lunenburg Girl Scout troops led by Liz Peterson and Mona Bowen as well as the Lunenburg High School Community Service Club and advisor Bob Truax provided free child care for the duration of Town Meeting. Throughout the day, several hundred children were provided with supervision and activities. The young women of the Girl Scouts actually voted to forego a planned trip to participate in the 100th anniversary of Girl Scouting in America in order to provide this civic service. They truly understand the tenants of Scouting.
Our recent Town Meeting gives us much to be proud of. We should be proud and thankful that we have such volunteer organizations as the Girl Scouts and the Community Service Club and particularly such young people who understand that democracy is not a spectator sport.
- The Great Pumpkin Carver Photo Contest 2012! - Last Week!
- The Great Pumpkin Carver Photo Contest 2012! - WEEK 3
- The Great Pumpkin Carver Photo Contest 2012! - WEEK 2
- The Great Pumpkin Carver Photo Contest 2012! - WEEK 1
- Vote NO to article 2 & 3 at Special Town Meeting September 25
- Room for improvement and professionalism
- Tax exemptions for low income and seniors
- From former Library Trustees
- What if your income doesn’t increase?
- Why couldn’t you sign it?