Just say “yes”
- Categorized in: Opinion
To The Editor
The Lunenburg PTO strongly urges all voters to just say “yes” tomorrow.
Yes to our schools, and yes to the community at large.
Yes, that as a community we have a responsibility to meet the educational needs of our children.
Yes, that as a community we care about preserving important programs for our seniors.
Yes, that as a community we are committed to our public library and all the ways it enriches life for residents.
Yes, that as a community we must ensure public safety and hazard-free roads.
As an organization, the PTO’s mission is to foster and encourage the cooperative link between parents, teachers and students by promoting an environment in which the home-school partnership can be nurtured. We feel this mission and the overall well-being of our students is best served in a community that can consistently meet the needs of all its residents.
A “yes” vote will give our community what we need to get through these tough economic times. Without it, our children, seniors and all residents will needlessly suffer great loss.
The Lunenburg PTO stands firm in the belief that a “yes” vote for the Proposition 2 ½ Override will provide our schools and community with the tools necessary for growth and success.
We hope you will join us and vote “yes” on Ballot Question 1 tomorrow.
Wendy Bertrand and the Lunenburg PTO
- The Great Pumpkin Carver Photo Contest 2012! - Last Week!
- The Great Pumpkin Carver Photo Contest 2012! - WEEK 3
- The Great Pumpkin Carver Photo Contest 2012! - WEEK 2
- The Great Pumpkin Carver Photo Contest 2012! - WEEK 1
- Vote NO to article 2 & 3 at Special Town Meeting September 25
- Room for improvement and professionalism
- Tax exemptions for low income and seniors
- From former Library Trustees
- What if your income doesn’t increase?
- Why couldn’t you sign it?