Thomas and Favreau lead synchro team to Bronze medal
Rion Thomas and Emma Favreau of Lunenburg skating to “Fame” win bronze medal March 1 at the U.S. Synchronized Skating National Championships in Worcester. Photo by Ted Castro
Lunenburg skaters Rion Thomas and Emma Favreau, skating for the Mini Mates at the U.S. Synchronized Skating National Championships in Worcester, brought home the bronze medal in the Juvenile division on Thursday March 1.
The Mini Mates (coached by Kendra Flanagan and assistant coach Sam Mortimer) were the sole Juvenile team representing New England at the National Championships. The team skated to various songs from the 1980 hit “Fame”.
After the team competed Flanagan said, "I am very proud of the way the team skated, they saved their best performance for the most important competition. Each one of the skaters looked like they were having the time of their life out on the ice and really enjoying the moment. I am so excited for the girls to medal at Nationals two years in a row, I can't stop smiling. I am so happy and proud!"
They were part of a strong contingency out of the Hayden Recreation Center in Lexington, which qualified seven teams for the U.S. Championships and medaled in each division making Hayden the first synchronized skating club to accomplish this feat in the history of U.S. Synchronized Skating.
Rion and Emma will be skating with the Mini Mates at the Hayden Ice Show in Lexington on May 19-20.
- The Great Pumpkin Carver Photo Contest 2012! - Last Week!
- The Great Pumpkin Carver Photo Contest 2012! - WEEK 3
- The Great Pumpkin Carver Photo Contest 2012! - WEEK 2
- The Great Pumpkin Carver Photo Contest 2012! - WEEK 1
- Vote NO to article 2 & 3 at Special Town Meeting September 25
- Room for improvement and professionalism
- Tax exemptions for low income and seniors
- From former Library Trustees
- What if your income doesn’t increase?
- Why couldn’t you sign it?