The VA Fitchburg Clinic moves to new space
- Categorized in: Health N.E.W.S.
The Department of Veterans Affairs Outpatient Clinic in Fitchburg is moved to a new location on Monday, June 25, at the HealthAlliance Hospital Burbank Campus on Nichols Road.
The new clinic space is on the second floor of the Simonds Building. The clinic was located in the Bullock Building on the Burbank Campus.
The clinic is one of five community-based outpatient clinics under the VA Central Western Massachusetts Healthcare System, based out of the Northampton VA Medical Center. The other clinics are in Worcester, Springfield, Pittsfield and Greenfield.
The new space will be nearly double in size at about 10,000 square feet, which will allow VA to expand its services over time to include more specialty care for area Veterans. The clinic currently provides general outpatient care, preventive health and education services, various medical screenings, social work and mental health, and referrals to specialty care and inpatient services available throughout the VA New England Healthcare System.
About 2,500 Veterans in Worcester County receive care at the Fitchburg clinic.
Veterans receiving care at the VA clinic should use the same parking area they used to access the previous VA clinic in the Bullock Building.
For appointments and for information, contact the VA Central Western Massachusetts Call Center toll free at 1-800-893-1522, Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m., excluding federal holidays and weekends.
- The Great Pumpkin Carver Photo Contest 2012! - Last Week!
- The Great Pumpkin Carver Photo Contest 2012! - WEEK 3
- The Great Pumpkin Carver Photo Contest 2012! - WEEK 2
- The Great Pumpkin Carver Photo Contest 2012! - WEEK 1
- Vote NO to article 2 & 3 at Special Town Meeting September 25
- Room for improvement and professionalism
- Tax exemptions for low income and seniors
- From former Library Trustees
- What if your income doesn’t increase?
- Why couldn’t you sign it?