Paul L'Ecuyer Scholarship Fund established
- Categorized in: Community
Submitted to The Ledger
Paul L’Ecuyer’s family has announced that a Paul L'Ecuyer Scholarship Fund has been founded in loving memory of Paul L'Ecuyer, a lifetime resident of Lunenburg.
L’Ecuyer was the creator of The Drawbridge Puppet Theater here in Lunenburg. He passed away at his home on September 1, 2012.
The Paul L'Ecuyer Scholarship Fund has been established by his sisters to keep Paul's artistic passion alive. The scholarship will benefit a Lunenburg High School student majoring in art and design.
Contributions can be made throughout the year at Jeffrey's Antique Co Op Mall, 62 Chase Rd. in Lunenburg or mailed directly to the Paul L'Ecuyer Scholarship Fund, PO Box 33, Lunenburg, MA 01462.
Paul L’Ecuyer graduated from Lunenburg High School in 1977, and attended New England School of Art & Design in Boston. He was the owner and Artistic Director of the Drawbridge Puppet Theater & Production Company on Massachusetts avenue in Lunenburg.
L’Ecuyer’s love for entertaining and educating children and families spanned nearly 40 years. He was also associated with Whalom Park and was employed there as an artist, a puppeteer and as the Entertainment Director throughout the 1980’s.
Paul learned much of his puppeteering from the late Herbert H. Hosmer Jr. who operated the Toy Cupboard Theater & Museums in S. Lancaster.
As Paul would say, "Always remember to look on the bright side and give yourself a nice round of applesauce".
- The Great Pumpkin Carver Photo Contest 2012! - Last Week!
- The Great Pumpkin Carver Photo Contest 2012! - WEEK 3
- The Great Pumpkin Carver Photo Contest 2012! - WEEK 2
- The Great Pumpkin Carver Photo Contest 2012! - WEEK 1
- Vote NO to article 2 & 3 at Special Town Meeting September 25
- Room for improvement and professionalism
- Tax exemptions for low income and seniors
- From former Library Trustees
- What if your income doesn’t increase?
- Why couldn’t you sign it?