Jean Palmer, 74
- Categorized in: Obituaries
Jean Palmer, 74, of Fitchburg died peacefully on March 22.
Jean was born in the suburbs of Chicago, IL on June 29, 1937, to Franklin and Alice Williams. Most of her time was spent on her grandparent’s farm in Wisconsin, getting into all sorts of mischief.
Jean graduated from Riverside High in Milwaukee, IL. After graduation, she went on to attend one of the top modeling schools in Chicago. She had a successful career as a model and traveled all over. It was in Virginia where she met her Husband Rick Palmer and joined his band "Rick and the Legends". They finally ended up in Lunenburg where she lived for 21 years.
Jean worked for Aberman Realty for many years, and was owner and founder of Legend Apartments in Fitchburg. Jean was an avid gardener, and was renowned by all for her beautiful gardens.
Predeceased by Rick Palmer in 1990; she is survived by her children Cheryle Crane, Alisa Truax, and Joe Drury, all of Fitchburg; her grandchildren Tyler Truax, Jackson Truax, Lisa Drury, and Alexis Drury; her aunt Doris E. Battin of California, cousins Ken and Tracy Page, Riva and Omar Berhouet, Nadja Douai, Kaian Douai, Aidan Douai, Omar Berhouet II, Amir Berhouet, all of Fitchburg. Last but not least, her beloved dog Lili.
A celebration of Jean’s life was held on Saturday, March 31, at 1 p.m. in the Lunenburg Chapel of the Sawyer-Miller-Masciarelli Funeral Homes, 763 Massachusetts Ave. There were no calling hours.
Jean was an animal lover, and activist. So in lieu of flowers, we ask that donations be sent to Broken Tail Rescue, Inc. P.O. Box 295, Worcester, MA 01614 or to the Merrimack River Feline Rescue Society 6 Elm St, Salisbury, MA 01952. Certainly any charity of your choice in her name would be beautiful also.
- The Great Pumpkin Carver Photo Contest 2012! - Last Week!
- The Great Pumpkin Carver Photo Contest 2012! - WEEK 3
- The Great Pumpkin Carver Photo Contest 2012! - WEEK 2
- The Great Pumpkin Carver Photo Contest 2012! - WEEK 1
- Vote NO to article 2 & 3 at Special Town Meeting September 25
- Room for improvement and professionalism
- Tax exemptions for low income and seniors
- From former Library Trustees
- What if your income doesn’t increase?
- Why couldn’t you sign it?