A Dippin' for Lunenburg
By Kristen Levine
In an informational presentation during Monday night’s Planning Board meeting, Dippin’ Donuts owner Paul Karapatsus, Showroom Sammy’s property owner Sam Ramondelli, and Whitman and Bingham Associates representative James Rheault discussed possible plans to move a Dippin' Donuts into Lunenburg.
The Dippin’ Donuts facility will utilize the original Showroom Sammy’s building with minimal alteration – a drive-through and striping for fifteen parking spots are the maximum constructive changes to the property.
“Everything is already existing,” Rheault said. “This is not your typical project…we have an existing building and parking lot from the original business, and we’re doing construction to retrofit it for a Dippin’ Donuts. “
This retrofitting will not adversely affect the surrounding area or the property itself, due to the minimal nature of the changes.
“It’s pretty clean and straightforward,” Chairman Emerick Bakaysa said regarding the plans.
A new grease trap is currently being installed into the facility, as required by the Board of Health.
“It’s not a mounded system,” Rheault said. “There’s two feet of fill tops, probably for about ten feet – it’s a pretty simple project.”
There were no opponents to the project at the meeting. At the September 10 Planning Board meeting, more information will be presented to the board regarding project status and construction.
For the rest of this article, pick up a copy of The Lunenburg Ledger, in stores now, or call (978) 582-8200 to subscribe today!
- The Great Pumpkin Carver Photo Contest 2012! - Last Week!
- The Great Pumpkin Carver Photo Contest 2012! - WEEK 3
- The Great Pumpkin Carver Photo Contest 2012! - WEEK 2
- The Great Pumpkin Carver Photo Contest 2012! - WEEK 1
- Vote NO to article 2 & 3 at Special Town Meeting September 25
- Room for improvement and professionalism
- Tax exemptions for low income and seniors
- From former Library Trustees
- What if your income doesn’t increase?
- Why couldn’t you sign it?